Thursday, 9 June 2016

Bookapedia

This term for Bookapedia we have been doing a range of things to do with questioning,summarising and taking notes. These are some of the things that we have been doing.  

Skill 1:

TITLE: skimming and scanning

WALT: create criteria to evaluate sources

Evidence:




A good source:

-has a good reputation, be from a trusted expert

-not ask you for private information or have virus warnings

-contain the keywords/information you are looking for


Skill 2:
TITLE: Summarising
WALT: Persist to find information to gain a wider perspective
Evidence: 

I wouldn't want to be a.....
World war ll pilot because you have to have to leave everything and you miss your family and friends.
Also because there is a big risk of hurting or killing yourself and hurting others that you don't want to get hurt.


Skill 3:
TITLE: Notetaking
WALT: Organize our notes to make connections and find gaps
EVIDENCE: (upload hexagons)






Feedback/Feed forward: well done Harriet you've done well at your summarising. I can tell that because there is not a page full of words. Next time you could add a bit more to your other tasks so that the reader can understand what you understood about research. But other than that great job!-Bella M

Evaluation: I think that my skills for skimming and scanning have improved because I know what websites are useful and what ones not to use. I also know that watching videos helps me learn and focus on my work.It also helps me take notes and facts.




1 comment:

  1. You have learnt a lot this term about extension research skills. Continue to slow down and take the time to use these to be a more efficient and effective reader.

    ReplyDelete