Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Reading

WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read.
 
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?

video

    • I learned to: ask questions about the story before i start to read
    • Most challenging was: predicting  and thinking about what the story is going to be before i read
    • Next step is to: look at the contents to help give me some ideas
Harriet, you have really thought hard about how questioning is going to help you as a reader. You do use predicting and questioning successfully before you read and these help you to 'tune in' to the text so you can start thinking about what you already know (like when we were reading about the Colossal Squid)Remember to keep asking questions and wondering as you read to stay an active reader  I think these are skills and strategies you use without even knowing you are using them! Your next step is to concentrate during group time and share your wonderful ideas with us.Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment